Every journey begins with a single step, but you’ll never finish if you don’t start.
Have you ever noticed that when you’re making great progress toward a specific goal other areas of your life start falling into place as well? I believe it’s because of the discipline and strength of character it takes to follow through. The first step is always the most difficult. After that, you just keep moving forward in the direction of your dreams.
Our family is on a journey. It’s called “The Journey Challenge” and it’s a 16-week fitness challenge with a staggering $50,000 grand prize! This challenge was created by my own personal trainer Justin Blevins, so when he launched it I knew I was going to be on board. What I didn’t know, however, was how it was about the change the lives of my entire family. Three members of my household have officially signed up.
Here’s what has happened in the first 5 weeks…
- My husband and I have started meal planning & shopping together. Our meal plans are not exactly the same, but we’re eating lots of lean protein which can be bought and cooked together in bulk. Anyone else do date night at Sam’s or Costco?
- My husband and our eldest son work out together several days a week. They encourage one another, spend quality time together and are both seeing great results in their strength and the size of their chest, shoulders and biceps.
- Not only have my husband and I lost more than 10 lbs each, our 13-year-old son has also lost 10lbs and he’s not even doing the challenge! When we embarked on this journey we were determined not to bring c.r.a.p. into the house. No more boxes of cereal or granola bars or yogurt (these things sound healthy until you look at the sugar content). Just offering more lean protein and veggies and taking this teen with us to the gym a couple times a week, thus getting him off his computer/video games has made a tremendous impact.
- My relationship with my step-son has improved ten-fold. Before this challenge he and I barely spoke. We just couldn’t seem to find a way to communicate and were both building walls. Now we have a common interest. Who’d have thought a conversation about sweet potatoes could be transformational?! For our relationship it has been, and it’s making it easier to talk about other topics as well.
- All of our boys have more self-confidence as they see their bodies respond to the effort they are putting in.
Wow! These are just a few of the changes I’ve noticed in our household and I have no doubt there are more to come… physically, emotionally and relationally.
In fact, because this experience has such life-changing potential I have actually become a COACH in order to help others reach their goals as well. So far my little team has lost approximately 75lbs! It all starts with the belief that you are worth taking that first step. And you are. For you and your family, no matter whether you’re looking to lose weight, firm up or gain muscle, everyone has a journey. I’d love to help you with yours.
You can learn more about The Journey HERE!